Tuesday 5 August 2008

I want to believe that there will be more aliens...eventually...maybe...hopefully...


Dan and I went and saw X-Files on Sunday but it was all a little disappointing. I loved the fact that I was watching Mulder & Scully in semi action again, but it just wasn't at all what I was expecting - it wasn't X-Filey enough. The ick factor was there - so there, but where were the aliens???? And what pray tell was with that beard...
After I resigned myself to the fact that there would be no aliens, I did enjoy the film, the story and action were good, and it was shot in the same style as the tv series - not to bright, quite drab colours, fairly fast pased, but it didn't feel like a drawn out episode which is always a plus. The set came complete with the 'I want to believe poster', sunflower seeds and pencils in the ceiling. The roles of the replacement agents - Xibit & Amanda Peet - with believer and sceptic roles reversed, were okay, Xibit was there as filler and Peet served her purpose - to get Mulder back in the game and then also was kinda put aside - neither characters were really explored, which I guess in the grand scheme of things isn't necessary as the movie's supposed to be about Mulder and Scully.
Overall, I enjoyed the film, it wasn't what I was expecting, but it was good anyway. It's getting 3 stars from me. Hopefully if they do any more X-Files movies, they will focus more on the what the roots of the show was based on, without focus on Mulders sister - if possible, (I know this makes up a huge part of why Mulder does what he does, but we know what happened to her and we know she's dead, to me it's all good in da hood on that subject, enough already!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...