Wednesday 16 December 2009

Books I've Read in 2009 - July

Here's the next lot of books I've read, I'll have to fill in the blurbs etc later.

36. Token by Alisa Kwitney & Joelle Jones.

Fantastic! Great GN about not fitting in, first love, and even though it wasn’t in colour I put my snobbery aside and read it anyway – in one sitting. Fantastic illustration by Jones and Kwitneys story was fantastic, I’m hoping there’s more where this came from.

37. Last Light by Andy McNab.

This is the second book of his I’ve read and again really enjoyed it. From a military standpoint, I’m assuming it’s fairly correct (he was in British Army), but his stories are also really funny. I’ve read this out of sequence, which wasn’t a big deal, small changes in characters, but as its part of the back story it doesn’t interfere with enjoying the book.

38. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene.

Heartbreaking, this was filled with such anger and love, beautiful writing and I just loved the realness, I sound cornier than a field but just fantastic! It’s the first GG that I’ve read, would love to try more.

I'm being all lazy with this now as it's nearly the end of the year. I'll have to make it a resolution to keep my lists up to date next year. (Cause yes, I'm that kinda cool).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...