Wednesday 23 May 2012

R.I.P. Sam

Just when I thought the year couldn't possibly get any crapper, I came home tonight to find my girl had passed away.  She was only 8 years old, but in the last year or so she'd had a heart murmur.  That, of course, doesn't make it any easier.  She was such a cheeky girl, she loved snuggles, river walks, beef sticks and belly scratches. 

She was possibly the most co-dependant, stuck to my side, I'll go where ever you are puppy I knew, but that was just how I loved her.  Many a Saturday morning was spent, lounging in bed, snuggling with Sam, reading my book and getting kicked in the ribs each time I turned the page, (which was Sams way of telling me"keep patting me dammit!").


I'll miss you Sambo, love you lots. xoxo

C.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's awful. I'm so sorry to hear about Sam, who sounds like a great dog. Believe me when I say I know that punched-in-the-gut feeling of pet loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, she was a great dog, very cheeky and she knew she'd get away with it! I think people tend to brush losing a pet off, they don't understand they're part of the family. But animal lovers def get it :)

    ReplyDelete

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...