Friday 28 February 2014

Book Blogger Hop 28 Feb

Book Blogger Hop
Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop - hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.  
 
Like to participate?  Here's how - answer the question below on your blog, then place a link to your answer here Once you've done that, visit the other participating blogs.

This weeks question, thanks to Elizabeth at Silver's Reviews is:  

 Q: Have you stopped accepting books from either authors or publishers to try to catch up? If not, do you think you would ever do that? 

A: I don't get a lot of books from publishers,  so at the moment I'm managing quite well with the books I review.  Although if I was getting books regularly it would be something I would consider.  I do try to make a point of only reading and reviewing books I want to read.  I think that makes the whole process more enjoyable.  I tend to get books in ebook format, often because it is easier for them to send me an ebook rather than print format.

Let me know what you think below, either by commenting or leaving me a link to your blog :)  Hope you have fun hopping around and happy #weekendreading

C.

12 comments:

  1. It's great that you have a steady flow when it comes to review books. I miss that.

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think I like to get too many requests, I have enough pressure with work/uni without adding extra.

      Thanks for hopping by again :) Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. You will find that the more books you accept from Indy authors the more invitations you will receive. Many times I have the same author writing me to review another one of their books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been approached by a couple of Indy authors on goodreads, and I have enjoyed their books, hopefully I'll get the opportunity to read/review more for them :)

      Delete
  3. I agree, I don't get many review requests, but if it became a problem I'd definitely limit the books coming in to keep it all under control. Here's my response: http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2014/02/book-blogger-hop.html

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be hard to keep up if I had many more, and I like to leave time for other reading as well.

      Thanks for hopping by, have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  4. I am more particular about what I accept. I used to accept books that I thought I would like and then it turned out they were not what I expected. I do more thorough investigations to make sure it will be something I enjoy.

    I don't think I will ever stop receiving books, but I have cut down. :)

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to stop doing that as well. Although I will try a new author occasionally, especially if it's a genre that I already read.

      Thanks for hopping by again, hope you have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  5. I have had to decline a few books over the past year. I don't like to overwhelm myself.
    Here's my full answer
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/02/book-blogger-hop-have-you-stopped.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you are getting too many requests it makes perfect sense to say no, you can't read/review more than you can - and even though it might be just a hobby, we still need to be professional about reviewing.

      Thanks for hopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Sometimes accepting less books is the only way for me to catch up, which is the situation I'm in now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely say no if I had too many, I know if I don't give myself enough time to read/review, I don't give the book the proper attention it needs.

      Thanks for hopping by :)

      Delete

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...