Sunday 27 April 2014

Readathon Hour 24 - Final Update

 
We did it!!  Go us!  I'm always amazed by the awesomeness of readers :)  Can I just say - I'm already excited for October.  I missed the mid way meme, so here's the End of Event meme:
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?   About 3am in the morning - that's where I ended up passing out!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  I thought Why we broke up was pretty awesome, it kicked me in the feels, but it was so easy to read and I love books with illustrations.  I think mixing up graphic novels with print books is a good idea, I think anything that you're excited to read is the perfect thing to bring to a readathon :)
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? My brain has nothing?  I thought you guys did an awesome job :)
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The Cheerleading :) it was organised so well.
  5. How many books did you read? 1 and a half.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Why we broke up by Daniel Handler and half of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and 26 pages of The Book Thief (a reread that was still in the car CD player).
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? I enjoyed them both, maybe Why we broke up - Im on a contempory kick at the moment
  8. Which did you enjoy least? I loved them both!
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Prepare, Prepare, Prepare, if you're reading and cheering, listen to audios, it means that you can listen while youre tweeting :)  Get snacks ready and don't forget the coffee :)
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  I am definitely going to participate again, I loved cheering, looking forward to October.  I wouldn't mind cheering again, but I'd also love more time for reading - anyone with idea, hit me up!  And I'm kinda bummed I didn't make time for any of the challenge on other blogs, that is part of the fun, getting to visit other readers, although I did find some awesome new people on twitter :)
So here's some more stats for the end of the readathon:

Currently reading: Mockingjay.  I finished the readathon on Chapter 12 and ended up tweeting for another chapter :)
Books finished: Why we broke up by Daniel Handler and I half finished Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Total of pages read: 603!!
Total of time spent reading: Not really sure, I had a 7 hour nap in the middle, but apart from that I was either reading or cheering.

Until the next readathon, which by the way is in May!!  Bout of Books 10 kicks off 12-18 May and I'm super excited.  I'm also participating in the #yearathon which runs the first week of year month and Finishing a series is on the agenda for May.  I'm getting a jump on it with Mockinjay, but I'll be posting my TBR for that soon.

Happy Reading and apologies if this isn't 100% coherent and I haven't added links where I usually do - see vague ;), I'll try get back and fix it later, right now I'm all jacked up on coffee and Tim Tams :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...