Wednesday 4 June 2014

Check it out - What's in my library bag today? #3



I cannot believe it is already June!  The year - almost half over and I'm not quite sure where all of it's gone.  Good thing I've got some awesome things from the library to help me take my mind off it.





I've been seeing Saga pop up a lot on the interwebs lately, so I decided to check it out.  Beyond the basics, (intergalactic space war, lovers on the run), I  know nothing.  I'm going to start this on the weekend and I'm looking forward to it.  From what I've seen the illustration are beautiful and I've been a fan of Brian K. Vaughan ever since I read Pride of Baghdad.


I first saw Sweet Tooth by Jeff Lemire on the blog Estella's Revenge, Andi was raving about them and since I tend to read similar things and she loved them I thought I'd give them a go.
She also loved Saga, so I'm two for two!  I think it's going to be an interesting read, and hopefully a different take on the post apocalyptic world which is very popular at the moment, (and also one of my favorite genres).  I love the idea of hybrid animal/people.






And lastly - The Walking Dead, I didn't realise it had been so long since I'd picked up the graphic novels and I've got about 10 volumes to catch up on now.  I read Vol. 11 last night - Fear the Hunters.  it wasn't until I was a few pages in that I worked out that I'd read it already, but it was a good reintroduction to the series and I'm keen to power read through the rest of the series.  I like that the tv show and the GN are different enough in storyline, but still keep it interesting, I am looking forward to seeing how they both progress and where the characters are going. 




Well that's it for my library stash, I'll no doubt have another bagful soon, I can't help myself, especially when I keep seeing all the new lovelies.

Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...