Monday 3 November 2014

Bookshop love - NaBloPoMo 2

If you're anything like me, no matter where you are on holiday you will find the local bookstore/ library.  I just love exploring these places. So I took myself off for a very quick visit to Matilda Bookshop in the Adelaide Hills. It's a beautiful little store in the main street of Stirling.  They sell a wide range of books, I was on the hunt for a cloth bound Penguin Classics version of Persuasion by Jane Austen.  Alas, they didn't have one, but I did find a beautiful embossed, leather bound copy of Dracula by Bram Stoker.

This copy in published by Barnes & Noble, who did have a beautiful copy of Persuasion and Sense & Sensibility, but I want to hold out for the Penguin edition.  I don't think I've read it before, (I've seen countless movie adaptations), but I'm really looking forward to reading it.  I also bought Snakes & Earrings by Hitomi Kaneharo I've never heard of her before, she is a Japanese author.  It's an award winning cult classic, so I'm interested in seeing what it's all about, from the blurb I'm getting body modification, love triangles and tragedy.  I love finding a book you know nothing about and just going for it.  Sometimes it makes for the best reading.  Here are the beautiful books.


And seriously...how cute is that bookmark.



I didn't have enough time to visit Chapter Two bookshop, which is just behind Matilda, but they have a great secondhand selection and you can always find a gem or two there.

Until next time, happy reading.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...