Wednesday 7 January 2015

Hello 2015!

I'm not sure that my brain is completely up with the fact that it is January already - and not just that, but also we're almost at the end of the second week of it.  I remember as a kid the year would pass so slowly, not so any more, it whizzes past and can barely keep up!

Time craziness aside, I'm excited to discover what the new year holds - both for life in general and for books.  I have quite a few that I am really looking forward to reading and I'm going to make another post with my reading goals.  I trying to take a more laid back approach this year.  We will see how that goes.

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year (or whatever you may celebrate), I had a quiet Christmas with family and despite the heat it was lovely.  I managed to have a whole week away and it was nice to wander around Handorf, and try the new chocolate shop in Stirling - it was delicious!  And of course pay a visit to Matilda Book Shop - where I managed to pick up a beautiful clothbound edition of Jane Austen's Youthful Writings and some short stories by J. M. Coetzee.  When I finally arrived home it was to a 40 degree house, so I spent my last few days under the fan watching Vampire Diaries, The 100 and The Originals, most enjoyable!

Until next time, happy reading

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...