Monday 18 May 2015

Bout of Books | Reading Updates & Wrap Up 16/5 - 17/5


Saturday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 200
Total number of books I've finished: 3
Total pages read:
Books: The Skeleton Road by Val McDermid, No one belongs here more than you by Miranda July, Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming.
Daily challenge: Favourite Read Photo Challenge hosted by Once Upon a Book 


Saturday Challenge:

The challenge today is to post a photo of your favourite read of Bout of Books.  For me, it is Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming. I listened to this and it was also narrated by the author. This is a past/present memoir of his early life (about the abuse that his family suffered at the hands of his father) and his journey to discover what happened to his maternal grandfather after the Second World War.   




This was funny, moving, sad, insightful, brilliant. I'll stop throwing words at the page.  Needless to say, I thought this was well written and the sensitive subject matter was handled with respect. I'm fascinated by people's history and as luck would have it Alan's episode of Who do you think you are is coming up next weekend. I think watching it will add another layer to the story. 
  Sunday

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: A lot :)
Total number of books I've finished: 4
Total pages read: 1170
Books: The Skeleton Road by Val McDermid, No one belongs here more than you by Miranda July, Not my Father's Son by Alan Cumming, Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson.  Not completed: T'was the night after Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries.
Daily challenge: No challenge.



Bout of Books 13.0 Wrap Up
 So I guess you can see, towards the end I got a little lax in keeping track of pages read, but I was having too much fun reading.  I ended up reading 1,170 pages all up.  Four books completed (almost five).  But more importantly, I had fun.

I managed to finish:

* The Skelton Road by Val McDermid; 140 pgs
* No one belongs you here more than you stories by Miranda July; 205 pgs
* Not my Father's Son by Alan Cumming; 288 pgs
* Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson; 337 pgs
* T'was the night after Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries (not completed). 200 pgs.

I knew I wouldn't be reading as much as in previous years, but I wanted to participate and if I read great, if something else came up, I wasn't going to stress.  I'm uploading a video to BookTube at the moment so I'll add that here once it's done cooking.

So how about you?  What did you read, what was your favourite book or did you read something you didn't like?  Let me know in the comments below. 

Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...