Thursday 18 August 2016

Book Haul | National Bookshop Day 2016


This past Saturday is one I look forward to every year - in fact, it's one of the very best days of the year!  National Bookshop Day!!  I know that traditional bookshops can be a lot more expensive than Big W, Target or Kmart.  But I still like to support them, not only to share my #loveyourbookshop feels but it's a local business and I like supporting those as well.

I had to work Saturday morning, but after that I went and visited my local Collins bookstore.  I didn't really have anything in particular that I wanted to buy.  I had a 10% voucher that was burning a hole in my wallet, (one of the perks of buying books at the writers festival last month)*

So here are the new books that I'm welcoming home.  Did you manage to visit a bookshop today? And more importantly what did you buy?!


Oi Frog! is a wonderful kids book, fairly simple in concept, with the frog asking a cat what various animals sit on but the kids & I love it to bits.


This is part of the Hogarth Shakespeare collection and is a retelling of The Taming of the Shrew and I'm looking forward to it very much.


* I just realised I didn't show you what I bought at the festival - which I will post about next week, I picked up some fantastic books.

Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...